Saturday, April 17, 2010

I'm Back!

Ok, so I've been AWOL for a long time because my mom said she's been busy - and by busy she means lazy, because you see, we have cable and DVR which is pretty much the devil because it gets my mom into all these series shows and that's all she seems to have time for these days. But now it's getting warm outside and less rainy so my mom has decided that she's not going to be lazy anymore and she's going to start blogging again and maybe take me for a walk once in a while on account of me getting a bit rotund. (Ike's mom here: His grandma takes him for a long walk every day. But she also gives him tons and tons of treats.)
A lot has happened since I last posted forever ago. We went to the St. Patrick's Day parade where we saw lots of dogs that I wanted to fight. But my mom was all "Ike - you can't fight an Irish wolf hound, you silly little bastard!"


And she wouldn't even let me fight this green dog even though I know I could win because everyone knows green dogs are wussies.


We had friends come to visit - my mom's friend Erin and her daughter Brekkyn who is 7 and really cool and obsessed with cats which is a lot cooler than her being obsessed with me. While they were here, we went to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival, but I had to wait in the car (in the shade) because we found out they don't allow dogs because we might deuce in the fields or water the plants.
And this is what I got to see out the window of the car at the tulip festival.


Unfortunately, Brekkyn found my clothes bin and did this to me.


And made me wear this.

But the cats really suffered! Ha - look at Saffron!

But it was all ok because then my dad came home with this! Rocket Donuts are the best donuts in the world!

But mostly, I've been doing a lot of this!

13 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

OMG, that poor green doggie! Who would do such a thing!
Brekkyn seems to think it's fun to make you squirm, Ike! You do look pretty cute in that plaid hunter's cap!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Lorenza said...

Hi, Ike!
Sounds like you have been busy!
But... fighting?? Hmmm.... not good, eh??
Sorry the little one found the box with the clothes! I am sure she had lots of fun making you two wear them!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Two French Bulldogs said...

are our mom's related?
Benny & Lily

koko said...

Nice walkie there, Ike. Glad you are back blogging again.

Licks,
hero

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

More tulip envy! Furst Darwin's blog and now yours!

Thanks fur sharing those great pikhs - the Irish WolfieHound was khwite handsome -

And that poor green pup - a moment of silence ;-)

We'll be looking furward to more Fun With Ike!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Smushie Ranch said...

Ike, nice to see ya back! What did ya do, bite your mom in the butt?

Smooches,
Stella, Gunther and Betty

Dexter said...

Ike! I know all about laziness disguised as being busy and not doing doggie stuff. What is up with that?

Hey! Is your eye all better now? Good to see you back. Best not to bitey the wolfhound. They are big and fast.

Hope to see more of your small and bad sporty self.

Slobbers,
Mango

Mack said...

But did you get any green beer???

I hope that poor green doggie's fur is back to normal by now!

I think you could you totally taken on that Wolfyhound.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello ike its dennis the vizsla dog hay ummm abowt the green dogs i hav wun wurd for yoo the incredible hulk!!!! ummm i think that may be too wurds but ennyway yoo git the ideea!!! ok bye

brooke said...

HI Ike!
Nala, our ridgeback friend, went and actually got to go out in the tulip fields! I guess they do allow dogs in some areas!
Thanks for the tip about the Rhododendron Cafe! Hopefully we'll head out there again and stop by there! I love Bow!

Sophie Brador said...

Ikey! That picture of your orange cat is really really really really funny. I am laughing so hard that mom is scared I will strain my too small liver. I say, big deal. Livers are gross anyway. I bet you are right and I bet my liver has always been too small and something just caused it to react badly and that is that is that. I am perfect with a perfectly fine too small liver and you are perfect, even if you are wearing silly horns.

xo
SB

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hmmm... did that doggie eat something bad that made him go green??

Long walkies and tons and tons of treats???!! This sounds heavenly.. I think I like your grandma already, so when can I come over to live with you? Pretty please??

Martha said...

Ohmygosh that looks like fun! I wonder if I could turn Stewie green? Did you see we finally bought a new house in Portland?? We'll only be 3 hours away now. Love, Martha