Monday, June 29, 2009

Meg.

Ike's mom here: I'm helping Ike compile his 62! entries for the photo contest, and I noticed that his adoption day countdown ticker is down to just over 2 days. What that means to me is that I missed the anniversary of Meg's death three years ago. While I feel really guilty about this, I am comforted by the fact that I have an artist in NY designing a tattoo of Meg that I am going to have done this summer (thank you Chase Bank for not raising my rates yet so I can make one more big frivolous purchase!) I might have forgotten the exact day of her death, but I will remember her for the rest of my life every time I look at my leg.
I also get to celebrate another wonderful year with Ike (even though he peed on the floor for no reason yesterday - he's in one of his phases, anyone else have bad pee puppy phases?) It's amazing how far he's come in these three years! But more on that on his actual adoption anniversary.
So here are a couple of pictures of Meg who died after just a year and a half with us. She was only 6 and had a brain tumor. She was a very serious Boston terrier and would have had a quite sardonic blog. My sweet Meggo, I will always miss you.

As you can see, Odin is not choosy about the dogs he loves.


The 62 entries and the top 5 will be up tonight!
Oh, and my dad did the annual dog show on his radio show last night. Click on Variations on a Theme at the bottom of the page to listen!

14 comments:

Ruby Bleu said...

Meg was such a pretty girl. I just know we would have been the bestest of girlfriends!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Randi said...

Oh Meg! What a glorious gorgeous little pup! Sooo not fair that she was only 6....We'll be thinking good thoughts for you all today & know that Meg is watching over all of us & playing at the Bridge..

love & licks,
Randi

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Meg looks like a real sweet girl. Sometimes it seems as life is not fair when they leave us after so short a life. That shows that one, whether doggie or human, must live life to the fullest.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Peanut said...

Meg was beautiful.

Hoover said...

You know that Meg had a great life with you. She wouldn't want you to feel guilty.

Dogs always want their humans to be happy.

Hoover BPD (Battery Powered Dog)

Mack said...

Meg is so pretty. I think the tattoo is a great idea!

Good luck choosing the winners tonight.

Checkers & Chess said...

What sweet pictures of meg - and an early happy birthday to Ike!

Molly the Airedale said...

Meg was a doll and what a cute picture of her and Odin!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Joe Stains said...

What a cutey Meg was! Can't wait to see that tattoo!!

Mason Dixie said...

wowze 62 entries!! that is fabulous. I love how the kitty and Meg are sleeping, too cute.

Ziggy Stardust said...

I am sorry for Meg, she is running free now. I am ashamed to admit that I sometimes do have the puppy pee problems. Last time my Mom took me for a haircut I stood right in front of her and peed on the kitchen floor to let her know how I felt about it. Sometimes there is no other way to express yourself.

licks and sniffs, Sasha

Stanley said...

Ike!

Your parents must be magnets for excellent Boston pups! First Meg and now you. She looked VERY loved and if Odin liked her I'm sure you would have.

So, are we going to get to see the tat once it's done?

Goober love,
Stanley

Kimberly said...

Ikey I likey you...

what a fun contest..
have a pawsome 4th of July - hope you dont gets scareded of the booms and pows..

Bell

Kodak the Eskie said...

Such a beautiful shot of Meg and Odin! How sad to lose Meg sooo young. My Mom's Buster died from a brain tumor at age 6 and she thought that was way too early.

Hugs, Kodak